Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Epilogue.

See what happened before this.

I made it back home safely but quickly realized that since I had come out, the small town of Lake Worth wasn't the place for me. I decided to move down to Austin where my adventures continued, but I did get to see Luke a few more times.

The first was shortly after I had met Ralph. A boyfriend that was very controlling, manipulative and evil. He forbid me to see Luke, but I did. It was painful and therapeutic at the same time. I realized that after months apart I could finally let go of him and although I believed that he was the greatest love I'd ever had, that time apart had shown me loves that I had never know.

We continued a friendship over the years, a very strong friendship. He still has that part of my heart that no one can touch. He'll always be the boy who pulled me out of the closest, the one who I gave a fake name to, the person that showed me what love really meant(even if it doesn't come in the form we want it to).

Almost ten years to the date. He has just moved to Austin. He was right, we'd be in the same city again, it just took a little while. I'm in a loving relationship with a husband I care for deeply and I finally get my bestfriend back. Age has shown us many things and I think one of them is apprecation for the bond that we have. It's a great love story and I hope that I did it justice. Things as adults(as I like to call it) are different now, we are friends, true friends. The 10 years that have passed have proven that. For me now, our love for each other goes beyond being in a romantic relationship, there's almost a brotherly bond amongst now. We have gone through so much in the last 10 years, so much stuff apart from each other but the one true thing that stayed constant in both of our lives, was the bond we shared. It never faded but grew stronger over the years. He's my bestfriend, the first boy who gave me a rose, and he will always be one of the greatest people in my life. The thing is, the story doesn't end here.

As I'm finishing writing down what happened before, I've realized that what happened 10 years ago, was truly only the beginning. We have a whole life ahead of us. There are more adventures to come, more Tales to tell. Life is a magical thing. Just when you think you've closed one chapter, you realize that there are still a few more pages left that you haven't discovered yet.


THE END

February 2005-March 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home