Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Seven.

See what happened before this.

Another week passed and I had barely spoken to Marian. I finally decided to call her and end things, to my surprise she wanted to end things as well because she like this other guy and didn't want to hurt me.

Trust me, she was doing me a favor.

Later that day I got a call from Brian and I was surprised as hell to hear from him. "What's up?" I asked as soon as I got on the phone.

"Not much, " He responded, "What happened to you the other night. You left me all alone with Shawnda and that other girl. What's her name?"

"Gaby", I say.

"Yea her," he says, "The only reason I went that night was because I wanted to see you."

I was shocked. Did he just say what I think he just said? "You did", I ask.

"Yea. Ever since last time I can't stop thinking about you"

My jaw dropped.

What was I going to do? I had to tell him about Luke, I just had to. "Well Brian", I said "I'm kinda dating someone"

"Marian, I know" he responds.

"No no not Marian. That's over. I'm dating someone else", I took a deep breath and said, "His name is Luke"

He just kind of laughed and said, "So I see your finally start to come out"

I shrug and say, "Yea I kinda am".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home