Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Four.

(Click here to see what happened before)

I guess the next chapter picks up a couple of months later, in Ocotber. We had our first break and everyone left Denver except for me. I was a poor ass at the time, so I couldn't afford to go home. This left me with alot of time to discover the internet, and the various ways I could actually express myself without fear of being who I was. It was a very big double edged sword for me at the time, because I had started dating a girl during the last couple of months, but she was in Dallas at the time, and my online escapades had nothing really do with her. I mean when she and I started dating, I almost instantly knew that she was going to be the last female, that I would ever kiss, hell even date. I had to give it one more chance, even though I knew I was about to step into a completely different world.

Marian and I continously talked on the phone while she was gone, and if she only knew what I was doing on the other line would devasted her. It was ok though, I was used to keeping secrets from people. I had done it for years, and by now I had perfected the art, Or atleast I thought I did. I met several people online, some who wanted more than just chatting and others who wanted nothing to do with a young 19 year old guy who had no idea who he was. All of this changed once I met Luke. He lived up the street from me, and he and I chatted online for several days. I wanted to meet him, but like the others that I had talked to before, he was a little aphrensive about talking to someone who was so unsure of who they were. I didn't want to push the issue, so I just let him take his time, and he let me take mine.

I had finally moved out of the apartment with Jason and was in a new apartment with a wacko roomate whose name I have now forgotten. It was him and I for about a week, and then Cory showed up, He was cool and alot different fropm the previous roomates that I had. AJ would be here in a couple of days and I had no idea how he would take my current change in lifestyle. I really didn't care, he knew me before this and I hoped he wouldn't have a problem. But we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home