Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Two.

(Read what Happened before)


The first day of orientation I met Brian. He was from Iowa or something like that. He was a rich little bitch who didn't have a problem spending daddy's money. I think I talked to him for well over an hour. It was one of those 'He knew that I knew that he knew that I knew' so we just went with it and continued talking. It was such a great sigh of relief knowing that there was someone else up there like me.

Jason on the other hand had gotten quite acquainted with our other 2 roomates(lucky for him they all shared the same extracuricular activities), I knew that this was going to be a problem and I had no idea what to do. AJ is coming, I kept telling myself. AJ and I had been bestfriends for nearly 10 years now, he would be the rock that Shawnda was becoming and even she wasn't very stable.

MB and Shawnda's problem continued from the moment our feet touched Denver, so MB decided that she would resolve the situation and just move into a new apartment with new people. She had decided and felt that she had to so matter of factly let me know that she didn't like her other new roomate(who was a navajo indian named Jackie) and with her and Shawnda not getting along, she could no longer stay at that apartment. Good for you, Good riddance, thanks for the ride and the headache. I couldn't feed her to the wolves just yet, I mean we were all she had unfortunately.

Jason and my roomates had a really interesting connection to Shawnda's roomate Jackie. They just like us had all gone to high school together. So as you can imagine with people in our situation, we quickly banded together because numbers were always better. Jackie also had her bestfriend up in Denver too, Amanda; a goddess in her own light.

So there we were the night after the first orientation drinking at Shaunda's cheering the absense of MB(we were little bitches), with our new found friends: my roomates(Colin and Jacob, Jason), Jackie, Amanda, and the three surfer California boys that we had met at orientation Joe, Adam and Chris. I have to admit those three surfer boys were cute, but I never had the balls to try something, I was scared. Classes started the next day, and I knew something good was going to come of it, Brian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home