Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Three.

(Read here to see what happened before)

The first three days of classes pretty much flew by. I quickly realized during the first day of class that I had been had. This school was crap and I knew I wasn't going to get much of an education while I was up here. I also wondered if I was the only one who thought like this. Shawnda and I talked about it briefly but neither one of us ever got deep into the issue of how fucked we now were in Denver. Of course we didn't care, we were 18 and life was just begining.

Shawnda had decided that since MB was now out of the picture(funny how things can change in a week huh?) that she wanted to have a party. Not any ol' party but a big shebang! so that everyone we had just met could all get together and get to know each other(and we all know how alcohol can encourage bonding with people). So there we were on a friday spending what little money we did have on nothing but liquor and cigerettes(I still hadn't recieved my last paycheck from Burger King and my funds were desperately low).

I had made it a point earlier in the day to invite Brian to the party. I really wanted him to go and I knew that once he got to the party, that the deal was pretty much set and all I had to do was go through the motions.

The party started about 9ish and I swear people that I hadn't even met yet starting showing up and Shawnda was freaking out because of course we did not plan for a party this big(I did say shebang! right?), so we had to go get more beer and such and I was getting pretty annoyed because this was becoming more of a hassle than luxury. That all changed once I got back to the party, Jamie informed me that Brian was there and he was looking for me(the funny thing about all of this is that Jamie has no clue about me). I decided not to go looking for him but rather have him look for me.(cause im sneaky like that)

So I avoided Brian for pretty much the entire night but once the alcohol starting kicking in(I mean really kicking in), I got the courage to try and talk to him. Again it was that whole "i know that you know" type of thing. He's a very interesting guy and I couldn't help but find him attractive. He decided to inform me that he was leaving and asked if I needed a ride home, now in gay speak this meant "wanna come home with me?" So of course I needed a ride and decided to go home with him. I had to inform Shawnda and the others that I was leaving with Brian, that's right BRIAN, the guy over there and yep I think he's gay too. I have never figured out what they thought about us leaving together.

On the car ride to Brian's he informed me that he lived in Littleton, to which I responded with the fact that I wanted to see Littleton while in Denver because of Columbine happening the year before. So there I was now on my way to his house.

The scene that played out at his house was one to remember. Now you have to understand that neither one of us had admit or said anything to each other about the mutual attraction, we just both knew it was there. He played on his computer for a bit while I laid down because the effects of the alcohol were now in full force(i felt like such a dumbass), after awhile he came and laid in bed with me and we started talking, and of course you know what happened next.

The next day was when things got wierd, on the drove home not a word was said. We both just sat there as if we were guilty about what we had done the night before and were to ashamed to talk about it.

After he dropped me off I didn't talk to him for another 2 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home