Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Five.

See what happened before this.

The night before AJ arrived in Denver, Luke and I finally met in person. He picked me up in this green BMW. It was the hottest car that I'd ever seen and I think for the most part it was because of who was driving. We sat in his car, and for the first time in my life I felt free. I felt as if I was completely able to be the person that I had hidden for so long. I remember first getting into his car and the sweet smell of Curve filled the air. That smell to this day takes me back to those moments that I spent with him, in his car talking for hours about nothing and everything. He has these passionate blue eyes, that capitvated me the moment that I saw him. The blond tips in his hair didn't seem to match him, but at the time I didn't care because I felt at that time, in that moment that this was truly love at first sight.

When AJ arrived, he almost instantly knew that the change was coming. I had told him before I'd left that I was going to be different once I arrived in Denver, and the his first day there it was very apprent. He didn't mention anything at first but I knew something was spinning in his mind. Marian was also coming back in a few days and I didn't know how I was going to handle that situation. I had planned another date with Luke on Friday, which happened to be the same day Marian was coming back into town. I had to lie to her and tell her that I was going to spend the evening with AJ and he and I were going to out, I honestly don't remember what I pulled out of my ass but I felt really guilty about lying to her. I knew that I would have to fess up but I wasn't quite sure when or how.

I think Shawnda was more excited about AJ being there than I was. As soon as I called her letting her know that AJ had arrived, she was instantly at our house. She wanted to hear about home, what things were going on and who was doing what. Maybe this was due to the fact that she was so in tune with everything back home and now like the rest of us, she had been disconnect. That was one of the scariest things about being in Denver, not knowing what life was happening back home. It was a paradox of sorts, because we took our lives to Denver and began a whole new chapter but things back home still continued the same as always.

School was also about to begin again on Monday and I really wasn't prepared. After last semester I pretty much had it with this school. It was as if we were all lied to and we brought to believe that we would get some sort of post high school education out here. This wasn't the case at all, the professors were a joke and the cirriculum they were teaching could not and should not have been taught in the manner in which it was. I was also in fear that I may have another class with Brian and I didn't even want to go there again. I felt so bad the way that him and I ended things, well I guess you could say how we left things during our last encounter.

It was October in Denver and the snow was about to start falling down, I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home