Let's talk about Denver

Tales of the City: Denver Colorado, July 2000-April 2001.

Monday, February 07, 2011

Eleven.

See what happened before this.

If sleeping with Brian during my first week in Denver wasn't awkward, then our first real date was really awkward. We went to see a movie at the downtown theater and held hands and I did everything that I had learned from being with Luke, about being affectionate with another guy. The thing was, I later realized that Brian wasn't about this kind of stuff, he just wanted to have sex. Either that or he was still jaded about how I had ignored him after our first night together.

Of course I went home with him that night, I didn't know any better. The sex was less than mediocre and our car ride home this time wasn't silent. We discussed about being friends and being there for each other and maybe this was somehow a gateway to a new friendship. In the years since we have talked every once in awhile on various networking sites, but I have since lost contact with him.

I had started working a new job when all of this was going on for a satellite company and if I could make this up I would but all of my friends worked there as well. Then shortly after that Luke got a job with me. Not only was my new boyfriend flashing his trashy new boyfriend around me but he was now working with me. Our lives were becoming interconnected and there was no reason for me not to accept it. So I became his friend.

That's what he introduced me to Travis. 19, ex-marine and very cocky. The first night I met him I thought that he didn't like me. He had such an attitude towards me. It also attracted me very much. We began to have late night chat sessions on AIM and soon there I was again at the same downtown theater on another date, doing what I had done the time before with Brian. Only this time it was different, Travis receprocated my actions. I actually felt something for him that night and even for a brief period I began to not think about Luke but he was always in the back of my mind.

After the movie Travis took me to his parent's downtown condo. Part of the reason that he was so cocky was that his parents were extremely rich and he was extremely spoiled. That night was amazing. We sat in his rooftop hot tub with snow falling around us and just talked, then kissed then talked some more.

The next day he sent me home in a cab, and I had decided not to go to school that day. A pattern was forming, which would quickly spiral me out of control and right back to the place I did not want to be. For the time being I was enjoying it, and I was enjoying the attention I was getting from Travis and how awkward it made Luke feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home